Thursday, November 29, 2007

History

Today, after getting off the train at the Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC), I was waiting for my bus to take me to the Justice Center when I notice an older man standing to my right who was stairing at me. I politely nodded my head in greeting and he then asks me what lodge I belong to. It took me a second to realize 1) what he was talking about and 2) how did he know that I was a Mason? Then, as my head began to clear from the early morning fog, I remebred the Masonic pin that I placed on the lapel of my coat.
So, with a smile, I informed him that I was a member of Julian Feild Lodge #908 AF&AM and asked what lodge was he a member to. He informed me that he belonged to the Tabernackle lodge.
After talking for a while about nothing in particular, he began to tell me about his donations and contributions to the catholic church. He then showed me his cross that was sent to him by Pope Benidict XVI along with a handwritten letter thanking him for his contributions! He then told me about the history of the churches in the area and how he was asked to write a paper requestiong that Pope John Paul be inducted as a Saint.
Its amazing what interesting information and history is around you if you just open your eyes and take a second to look for it.

--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry

http://www.mobylo.com/emv/


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: