Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trial Day One

Well, we started the first day of trial today.
Of course I cannot speak any about the trial so I'm going to focus more on the experience of my first Jury Duty.

Since this is a district court, I get to serve on a jury of a total of 14 people. We are all from different backgrounds including a lawyer, a detective, someone who works for the EPA, and more. They are all very nice and we've all gotten along well. In fact, during our breaks, we've resorted to playing hangman and pictionary on the white board in the jurors room. :-)

I know it may seem funny to many of you, but comming from a small urban area vs Chicago or New York, taking the train or bus is not exactly common place or even possible in many areas. At this point, public transportation is not realy a reality except for in the downtown areas of fort worth and Dallas. If you live in between, as I do, there are not really any buses that travel to many places throughout the suburban areas.
However, since the begining of the jury process, I have taken the train from a nearby station to downtown Fort Worth and then caught a bus to nearby the courthouse and made the short walk the rest of the way. I have to admit, I kind of enjoy this new routine of mine. It is nice using the public transportation system and being downtown each day. Having the ability to walk to the various shops and restaurants during my lunch breaks and after trial is a neat expirence. Now granted that this all could be due to the fact that I don't HAVE to do it EVERY day so we will see if I still feel the same way when were done.

--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry

http://www.mobylo.com/emv/


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: