Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jury Duty

Today, I was summoned to Jury Duty in a Tarrant County District Court. I took the train to Downtown Fort Worth and took a bus to get to the Court House by 9:30am. Things were pretty mundane as the prosecutor took around 5 hours asking all 59 of us questions.
The problem was, most people did not actually LISTEN to the questions being asked! When asked questions about intent, they would go on about anything and everything NOT related!! When asked simple yes or no questions, they would proceed to tell their life story! What is the point asking questions when people don't even listen!?
Anyways, I was picked, along with 13 other peers, to fulfill my Civic Duty. Personally, I am excited about it. It should be a great experience to see our Justice System in action and actually get to be a part of it. From what we were told by the Judge, the trial will most likely go through the middle of next week which means I get to make a new daily commute involving trains and buses.
I'll update you all of my experiences as I can.
Until then, Have a great day!

No comments: